- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons sobacha
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 12 ounces of filtered water
- Your preferred sweetener, to taste
- Fill a tea ball or mesh strainer with the sobacha.
- Place your filled tea ball or mesh strainer in a heat proof mason jar or mug, large enough to hold at least 14 ounces of beverage.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Carefully pour the water over the sobacha and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea ball or mesh strainer, discard or compost the contents. Alternatively, save the leftover steeped buckwheat for eating (see previously mentioned ideas for use).
- Add the chia seeds and sweetener to the prepared tisane and allow to steep for at least 5 minutes before drinking it. If you want to drink your Ancient Grain Tisane cold or like more chew, allow the chia seeds to steep longer or even overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
This Ancient Grain Tisane is like Bubble tea’s healthier cousin. The chia seeds develop a chewy mucilage reminiscent of the tapioca pearls in Bubble tea but are smaller and a little crunchy.