- 1 teaspoon sobacha (toasted buckwheat), per cup
- 1 teaspoon green tea, per cup
- Your preferred sweetener, to taste
- Filtered water
- Decide how many cups of tea you want to make. Measure out your desired amount of sobacha and green tea. Put them in separate bowls as they have different optimal brewing temperatures and steeping times, set aside.
- Bring your desired amount of water to a boil. Put the sobacha in the steeping basket of a tea pot or mug and carefully pour the hot water over it. Allow to steep for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the green tea to the steeping basket, completely submerging the leaves in the water and allow to steep for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the steeping basket, discard or compost the contents and add the sweetener of your choice to taste. Enjoy.
If you’re a fan of genmaicha tea (green tea with toasted rice) you’re going to love this tea. It has all the vegetal, bittersweet, toasty notes of genmaicha, but the toasty flavor comes from healthful, sobacha instead of rice.