- 3 1/2 – 4 cups frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen banana
- 5–8 chopped dates, soaked in 1/3 cup of water
- 1 cup vanilla, cashew yogurt (my favorite brand is Forager)
- 1/3 cup almond or cashew milk (more if needed to loosen the smoothie)
- Squeeze of citrus
- Tablespoon chia seeds
- A few teaspoons of monk fruit sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (paste or powder)
- Put your serving glasses in the freezer to chill. Be sure that they’re made of freezer safe material.
- Add the frozen strawberries to your blender. Set aside and allow to thaw slightly for easier blending (approximately 15-25 min). This is not an exact science. The goal is for the strawberries to thaw enough so your blender can easily process them, while remaining frozen enough to yield a cold smoothie.
- While the strawberries are thawing a bit, chop your dates and soak them in a 1/3 cup of cool water for at least 10 minutes. This allows the dates to absorb some water and distribute more evenly when blending. You can skip this process if you’re in a hurry.
- Once your strawberries have thawed the desired amount and the dates have soaked, add all ingredients, including any add ins that you wish to use and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Remove your serving glasses from the freezer.
- Pour the just blended smoothie into the glasses
- Garnish with a beautiful strawberry (optional)
- Serve with a straw for easy sipping. I like to use metal straws. They keep the smoothie cold. Feel free to use a paper straw in place of metal.