Soft batch chocolate chip orange cookies take the classic chocolate chip cookie we all know and love, amps up the flavor and fluffs up the texture. The resulting cookies are transcendent.
There’s no need to wax poetic about these cookies, the title says it all and they definitely sell themselves. If you like cookies and you’ve got a little time to do some baking, then you should definitely make these pronto. Your friends and family will love you for it!
A few Tips
- Make sure to have all your ingredients at room temperature before you start making the cookies. Room temperature ingredients incorporate and emulsify better than cold or cool ingredients.
- I use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe but you can use milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. They all taste great but milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips give you a much sweeter cookie.
- To properly zest the oranges, you will need to purchase a microplane if you don’t already have one.
- When portioning out the dough onto the cookie sheets, I like to use a medium/ small ice cream scoop. The ice cream scoop makes portioning the dough easier, faster and cleaner. Using an ice cream scoop also ensures that all the cookies are roughly the same size and shape which helps the cookies bake evenly.
- No need to chill the cookie dough before baking! Wooooo hooooo!!! One of the genius ingredients in this recipe is cream cheese. Most chocolate chip cookie recipes are made with butter. Cookies made with butter usually have to chill after portioning or the cookies will spread. Since we swap out the butter in favor of cream cheese we can just skip this pesky step.
- These cookies are amazing warm, right out of the oven but an attribute worth noting is that the orange flavor becomes more pronounced as they sit. I find the orange flavor pop’s 8-24 hours after baking.
Time to get baking!